2. Details of how to enter are on our website www.up-start.co.uk and form part of the terms and conditions. By entering the competition, you agree to these terms and conditions. Please retain a copy of these terms and conditions for your records.
3. Entries must be submitted via our website or by post to UpStArt c/o The Anne Frank Trust UK, Head Office, Star House 104-108 Grafton Road London NW5 4BA. For details of the competition, the prize and how to enter, see our website.
4. All entries must be received online by 31 August 2014. However, we may by notice on our website extend this closing date and time if we reasonably think that circumstances require this.
5. Only three entries per person shall be accepted and these can be in any category of award (including three entries in the same category or three entries in three different categories).
6. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted. We accept no responsibility for participants being unable to connect to our website or any third party website to participate in the competition, or if your entry is late or lost, due to any problem, technical or otherwise connected with your email or web connection. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt.
7. The finalists and winners will be decided by us in accordance with the criteria set out on our website and this decision shall be final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
8. The 3 winners will be notified no later than 7 December 2014. The 33 finalists will be notified by email by the week beginning 17 November 2014.
9. By entering this competition, you agree that your name may be published on our website or in other media after the closing date of the competition.
10. The prize(s) is/are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
11. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond our reasonable control and accordingly we may at our absolute discretion vary or amend the competition and you agree that we shall have no liability as a result thereof.
12. As an entrant, you may be required to participate in publicity about the competitions and awards.
13. You agree that we may publish, reproduce, enlarge, photograph, distribute, copy, display, crop, amend and/or broadcast your entries on our website, in galleries (and in any such other media as we think fit) in such form and for such duration as we shall decide and you grant us a royalty free, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual right to use such materials for the purposes of this competition and publicity for future similar competitions.
14. You agree that if you are a finalist of the competition, you will arrange for the original of your submitted art work to be exhibited in London during November or December 2014 and that your work will be sold via an auction with the sales profits split 50/50 between the Anne Frank Trust and the artist.
15. We shall not return to you any entries or other materials that you have submitted to us.
17. By entering the competition, you confirm that you own all intellectual property rights in the materials you are submitting to us and that you have not infringed the rights of any third party.
18. No entry shall display or depict any elements of graphic nudity, violence, illegal acts or profane language and if it does it shall automatically be rejected from the competition.
19. We are not responsible for the materials uploaded by applicants to our website and shall have no liability in any circumstances for such uploads.
20. Entry to the competition is free and no purchase is necessary.
21. Artwork colours and materials may appear different online. Sizes have been supplied by the schools and artists and may not be exact matches to the artworks. Auction buyers are therefore strongly advised to view the artworks at the Strand Gallery, 32 John Adam St, London WC2N 6BP, before placing a bid in the online auction.
22. Auction buyers purchase at their own risk. All finalist artworks sold in the auction are non-returnable and non-refundable. (Non-finalist artworks are not displayed in the gallery and are returnable and refundable within 72 hours of purchase.)
23. Full payment of auctioned artworks is taken at the completion of sale in British Sterling. Any bank charges in respect of currency conversion shall be met by the buyer.
24. Auction buyers must arrange for the safe collection of their artworks from the Strand Gallery, 32 John Adam Street, London WC2N 6BP, Sunday 7th December, between 11am and 6pm, at their own expense.
25. Artworks that are not collected from the Strand Gallery by 7th December, go into storage at W1 Self-Storage facility, Queen Anne Mews, London W1G 9HF, Tel: 0808 252 9252, email@example.com. Artworks that are not picked up from W1 storage facility by 5th January 2015 become the property of the Anne Frank Trust.
26. We reserve the right to amend these terms from time to time and shall publish the latest copy of these terms on our website.
27. These terms and conditions are governed by English law.
28. The promoter of this competition is UpStArt c/o The Anne Frank Trust UK, Head Office, Star House 104-108 Grafton Road London NW5 4BA.
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.up-start.co.uk is a site operated by the Anne Frank Trust UK ("we" or “us”). The Anne Frank Trust UK is a registered charity in England, Wales (1003279) and Scotland (SC040488) with its registered office at Star House 104-108 Grafton Road London NW5 4BA.
ACCESSING OUR SITEAccess to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTSWe are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors. You may not reproduce in any format (including on another website) any part of our site (including content, images, designs, look and feel) without our prior written consent.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTEDCommentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLYWe aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
OUR LIABILITYThe material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it (whether by us or a third party), including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
UPLOADING MATERIAL TO OUR SITEWhenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our Terms & Conditions.
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCESYou must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
LINKING TO OUR SITEYou may link to our home page and other web pages, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS FROM OUR SITEWhere our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAWThe English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site.